Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Modals to Express Degress of Certainty, PART 1 (A04)
Transcript of Modals to Express Degress of Certainty, PART 1 (A04)
What's going on with her?
- As you can see, we are speculating about a situation in the Present, and we are using Modals to express different degrees of certainty.
- Remember that Must, May and Might have no contraction.
Modals to Express Degrees of Certainty
- She's happy.
- She must love her job.
- She has(got) to be pregnant. She's gaining weight.
- She must not have any problem. She has such a peaceful life.
- She could be crazy.
(EXPLAIN THESE SENTENCES TO YOUR CLASSMATE)
- She's happy.
love her job.
be pregnant. She's gaining weight.
have any problem. She
has such a peaceful life.
must can't / couldn't
have (got) to must not
may may not
might / could might not
almost certain = probability
less certain = possibility