Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MGMT 3080: Intro & Kolb
Transcript of MGMT 3080: Intro & Kolb
Focuses on being involved in experiences
Focuses on observing and describing
Focuses on using ideas and logic
concepts to explain experiences
Focuses on actively influencing
people and changing situations
Kolb's Model of the Learning Process
* Getting things done
* Opportunity seeking
* Risk Taking
* Understanding People
* Problem Solving
* Decision Making
* Defining Problems
* Creating Models
* Developing Theories
* Do you agree with the inventory's assessment of your learning style?
* What is the dominant learning style in the class? Does this make sense?
* What is the dominant learning style of most professors?
* Implications of differing learning styles?
2. Syllabus & Course Review
3. Blackboard Overview
4. Kolb Learning Styles
5. Learning Style Inventory
6. Intro to Org. Behavior (Ch. 1)
Chapter 1: Intro to Organizational Behavior
What is Organizational Behavior (OB)?
OB is a field of study devoted to understanding, explaining and ultimately improving the attitudes and behaviors of individuals and groups in organizations.
The goal of this course is to enable you with enough OB knowledge so you may someday improve an organization's effectiveness.
Resource-based view argument for why OB matters
How do we "know" it?
* Method of Experience
* Method of Intuition
* Method of Authority
* Method of Science
Is OB a soft-skill or scientifically grounded?
Two primary outcomes:
* Job performance
* Organizational commitment
See you next week!
AC-CE score is 14
AE-RO score is 19
Which one are you?
Good people are RARE and INIMITABLE
Half of all organizations don't believe in OB
Of that half, only HALF will make comprehensive changes
Of that half, only half of THOSE will stick with it
At the very best, only about 12% of all organizations will actually do what is required to build profits by putting people first!
It is both!
Learning Style Inventory
Rank: Across each ROW (not column) rank the set of four words.
You will give a high rank to words that best describe the way you LEARN
Assign a "4" to the word that
describes your learning style, then 3 for the next most descriptive, etc. (note: 4 is best ranking, not 1)
Scoring: Add up total score for CE, RO, AC & AE (total ONLY the numbered rows listed)
Calculate your AC-CE and AE-RO scores
Plot your scores: AC-CE on vertical axis and AE-RO scores on the horizontal axis.
Dominant strengths of each learning style.
MGMT 3080 Tonight's Agenda