Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of 1946-1949
PERIOD OF GROWTH
Philippine School of Commerce (PUP) re-opened
July 4, 1946
Philippine Independence Restored
Vocational Schools Resumed Operation
-national agricultural high school opened in Bunawan, Agusan.
-Seven provincional schools converted into vocational schools.
-Seven provincial agricultural schools converted into vocational schools in Guinobatan, Albay; Pili, Camarines Sur; Indang, Cavite; Upi, Cotabato; Sta. Maria Ilocos Sur; Lubatan, Lanao; San Carlos, Pangasinan.
-Vocational Schools authorized to collect tuition fees.
- Home Industries promoted.
- 4 year vocational with teacher training offered.
BS in Agricultural Education (for Agricultural Schools)
BS Industrial Education (PSAT and Others)
BS in Business Ed (PCC)
- PNS converted to PNC.
- Nationalization of Existing Vocational Schools
- Conversion of CLAS to CLAC ( later to CLSU)
- Assistance from Foreign Aid Program (ECA, USAID, USO, UNDP, UNESCO, Colombo)
- PSC to PCC (later to PUP)
- Bukidnon National Agricultural School to MAC (later to CMU).
- Mindanao Institute of Technology for Muslim Filipinos (later to USM).
- Authority to grant degrees (BSIEd, BSIA, BSAEd).
- Expansion of Vocational Education Division.
- President Magsaysay focused on Community Development.
Samar Institute Technology (later becameUEP)
- Work Education and 2-2 Plan.
- National Apprenticeship System established.
- Fishery Schools Integrated in the Educational System (Antique, Batangas, Bicol, Catbalogan, Cebu, Zamboanga City, Ilo-Ilo.)
ICA- NEC Assessed Public Schools
Recommendations Based From Survey
- expansion of Vocational Training.
- Revision of the Vocational Training Curriculum
- Bureau of Vocational Education of the DepED created.
- Expansion of Technical Vocational Education.
* 112 School during 1959-1960 to 196 in SY 1965-1966.
Major Take- off of Technical- Vocational Education.
During the 1st- 20 Years of the Republic (1946-1965)