Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 1946-1949
PERIOD OF GROWTH
Philippine School of Commerce (PUP) re-opened
July 4, 1946
Philippine Independence Restored
Vocational Schools Resumed Operation
-national agricultural high school opened in Bunawan, Agusan.
-Seven provincional schools converted into vocational schools.
-Seven provincial agricultural schools converted into vocational schools in Guinobatan, Albay; Pili, Camarines Sur; Indang, Cavite; Upi, Cotabato; Sta. Maria Ilocos Sur; Lubatan, Lanao; San Carlos, Pangasinan.
-Vocational Schools authorized to collect tuition fees.
- Home Industries promoted.
- 4 year vocational with teacher training offered.
BS in Agricultural Education (for Agricultural Schools)
BS Industrial Education (PSAT and Others)
BS in Business Ed (PCC)
- PNS converted to PNC.
- Nationalization of Existing Vocational Schools
- Conversion of CLAS to CLAC ( later to CLSU)
- Assistance from Foreign Aid Program (ECA, USAID, USO, UNDP, UNESCO, Colombo)
- PSC to PCC (later to PUP)
- Bukidnon National Agricultural School to MAC (later to CMU).
- Mindanao Institute of Technology for Muslim Filipinos (later to USM).
- Authority to grant degrees (BSIEd, BSIA, BSAEd).
- Expansion of Vocational Education Division.
- President Magsaysay focused on Community Development.
Samar Institute Technology (later becameUEP)
- Work Education and 2-2 Plan.
- National Apprenticeship System established.
- Fishery Schools Integrated in the Educational System (Antique, Batangas, Bicol, Catbalogan, Cebu, Zamboanga City, Ilo-Ilo.)
ICA- NEC Assessed Public Schools
Recommendations Based From Survey
- expansion of Vocational Training.
- Revision of the Vocational Training Curriculum
- Bureau of Vocational Education of the DepED created.
- Expansion of Technical Vocational Education.
* 112 School during 1959-1960 to 196 in SY 1965-1966.
Major Take- off of Technical- Vocational Education.
During the 1st- 20 Years of the Republic (1946-1965)