Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Study Smart
Note Taking, and
Can you go over what went on in class?
Can give a definite definition in your own words
Can you explain the material in the textbook chapters?
When reviewing your notes what you should ask yourself:
When do we write information when the teacher is speaking?
repeats an item
writes an item on the board or overhead makes a direct reference to the book
asks if everyone understands
Three Different ways to Take Notes
Note taking tips:
Write down the date
Write title of subject
Leave personal notes
Don't be afraid to highlight
Use one clear line to clear mistakes
There isn't a perfect key to studying. People work differently in environments they're comfortable in, may it be in a cafe or at home with music.
Clean up the notes taken in class
Review, don't memorize
Manage your time, don't procrastinate
Review bold words in text books
Make sure you're in a comfortable environment
If listening to music the best decision to make is a soundtrack with no lyrics
Lesson 4: I can only be as BIG as
What's your paradigm?
Note taking is a vital skill to a student's success which also involves adequate preparation and review outside of class.
What is the importance of note taking?
What is note taking?
Page # Today’s Date
1. Write every new thought, fact, or topic on a separate line as you progress, numbering each sentence.
2. Advantages: it’s more organized than writing paragraphs and still records most of the information.
3. Disadvantages: it’s hard to determine major/minor points and it’s hard to edit and review with clean-up.
4. It’s a good method when there’s lots of information and you don’t know how the ideas fit together.