Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Passive Voice
Passive Voice Use of Passive
Voice Passive voice is used when the focus is on the action.
It is not important or not known, however, who or what is performing the action. ¡Thanks! PASSIVE VOICE MARY AGUDELO
Example: My bike was stolen Form Of Passive Voice USES OF PASSIVE
VOICE Example: A letter was written USES SIMPLE
PAST ACTIVE PASSIVE ACTIVE PASSIVE Rita writes a letter A letter is written
by Rita Rita wrote a letter A letter was written
by Rita Use #1
We use the passive voice when we don´t
know who has done the action.
1. The house was stolen.
2. The water is boiled for two minutes. Use #2
We use the passive voice when we don´t want to say who did it.
1. The car was delivered yesterday
Incorrect Uses We can not use the passive voice with intransitive verbs like:
Intransitive verbs are verbs that do not take a direct object Active Voice
He ate all of the cookies
All of the cookies were eaten