Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Hope Diamond
Transcript of The Hope Diamond
By: Patrick Lennon
What is the Mystery?
Owners of the diamond committed suicide, were murdered, and left penniless. Those who came in contact suffered failed marriages, dead children, drug addiction, insanity, etc. Is this diamond cursed?
It is a beautiful blue diamond weighing over 45 carats. It is estimated to be worth a 1/4 of a billion dollars. It is the size of a walnut.
"more or less a sensational story added by journalists in the late 1800's to sell newspapers."
some owners did suffer from bloody deaths, so it's cursed ( Marie Antoinette)
it is fake and they are coincidences
Where/ When Does It Take Place
It was created 100 miles deep in Earth, it was discovered in 1642 in the Golconda Mines. These deaths happen all around the World and at different times in the 1800s
I believe that it is cursed because there is no way to prove that it's not. People say that they are coincidences, but it seems highly unlikely to have this many coincidences of this significance.
I found all of my information on livescience.com.