Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ETA Reflection
Joshua McGovern, Monica Quiros, Justin Rams, Jin Lin, Tushaar Kalra, Alana Atchison, Gianna Sapounakis, Anamaria Najera, Robert Quirk, Parker Ricciardi, Kiley Fischer, Anna Wang, Morris Mattout
The FitMe Belt
will we win this race...
spandex, nylon fitness belt
4 compartments holds and protects valuables
affordable, simple and stylish
comes in different colors
Local supplier + personal selling + human resources = FitMe
FitMe intends to promise simple solutions to its customer’s fitness needs at affordable prices; in doing so, it hopes to promote widespread fitness and health across different age groups.
FitMe views itself as a partner to its customers, its employees and the environment and it aims to provide solutions and convenience in ways that are in compliance with all of its partners’ needs.
VP OF HR
VP OF FINANCE
VP OF OPERATIONS
VP OF OPERATIONS
VP OF ADVERTISEMENT
VP OF MEDIA
VP OF COMMUNICATIONS
VP OF SALES
VP OF SALES
Sell to individuals, running groups and teams to achieve profit and growth
Create an open and accepting company environment
Promote a positive attitude towards fitness and a healthy lifestyle
Promote healthy living through running and physical activity
Poor reporting of belts taken out of storage room
Double numbering of belts
Infrequent update of inventory sheet
Inaccurate number of certain colors for first inventory order
Received damaged belts
Only having 1 key shared by 3 businesses
Difficult to accommodate members’ urgent need to get belts to sell
Current Inventory Status
Spreadsheets are updated every day at 10:00pm
We have online and physical copy of inventory status
Ran out of black belts completely
Successfully selling yellow belts
Will receive 2nd inventory order by end of spring break
A look at our inventory spreadsheets...
Relationships With Suppliers
Overall good relationship with manufacturers and suppliers
Easy to get in contact with
Will continue to maintain communications with them for 2nd inventory order
having back up manufacturers came in handy
New belts are an inch wider than before, unsure if this will be a good idea
May have trouble differentiating the 2 batches of inventory
Might face previous problems again
Unsure whether or not we ordered the right amount of belts for 2nd inventory order
Marketing Efforts so far...
What has worked:
• Facebook has really helped us get our name out there and as of now we just broke 200 likes
• Posting motivational quotes on Instagram has helped define our brand
• Personal selling has been big for the team and very effective
• Build on this by attending three races after spring break
What has worked:
Obtaining a bulk order from big companies/running groups.
Altered approach by staying away from large corporation
we're still hopeful for running groups
What didn't work:
-After a slump, individual and group management has improved (agenda, tasks set, communication)
: everyone fell into the routine and is aware of what is going on
: Good, but general performance was low at first. It’s improved after FME fair and dodgeball
: everyone has been taking care of their tasks, duties
- Learning to adjust especially when hit obstacles like no bulk orders and inventory
- Learn to motivate ourselves even though goals have not always been met.
• Individual Leadership: people are starting to go beyond their requirements and contributing with other tasks.
• Leadership in management:
- Departments are at different levels
- Overall, departments are working efficiently but should try to get more involved with other departments.
- CEOs have improved in delegating tasks but should have frequent meetings with the chiefs.
Entrepreneurial Thought & Action
Shifts in Strategy and Management
• Running groups are decentralized, it’s hard to sell in bulk →Reconsider opportunity
- Greater focus on personal sales
• Rejected inventory production → contact 2nd supplier
- Low inventory, so we had to change/redirect sales strategy, and marketing (try to promote more of the yellow) ex. Instagram: add with yellow belt
• Not as many sales as expected → hard to maintain motivation
- Motivate each other through out-of- business activities eg. pizza, dodgeball
- show support for the team in every circumstances
• Communication degraded
- Talk about it and set mechanisms to improve
• Timing and deadline problems
- All hands on deck response
Dealing with Failure
•Communication is KEY
- Advice: always talk about what is going on, good and bad
•Time management is very hard but important
- Advice: start things with anticipation, make decision quickly and don’t postpone anything that has to do with record-keeping.
•Adaptation is crucial to success
- Advice: be ready to change strategy and use resources at hand to make the best of new situation.
Lessons Learned and Advice
Starting a business isn't easy...
Mistakes are inevitable
But it's only if our team is
Online Order Form (Example)