Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
adaptation of islamic geometrical tessellation in contemporary skyscrapper
Transcript of adaptation of islamic geometrical tessellation in contemporary skyscrapper
ISLAMIC GEOMETRICAL TESSELLATION
IN CONTEMPORARY MOSQUE
- 'GOD is the unseen and nothing is unto HIM'
1. What is the factor that influence the design of islamic patterns ?
Timescale influence : evolution in design
First level classification
2. Geometric patterns process
3. Representation of Islamic geometry
- Sophistication and popularity of science ,
astronomy math in Muslim world
- Represent the unchanging law of GOD
- Easier to represent ideals in 2 dimensional
- Symbolize equal radiation (star)
4. Adaptation of geometry patterns in contemporary mosque in Malaysia
Difference in traditional mosque adaptation and modern mosque adaptation
Act as a Islamic symbol rather than the symbol of GOD
: a reminder of the hayday of Islam world