Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How have unions helped us?
Transcript of How have unions helped us?
Who Belongs to Unions?
Ontario Farm Worker
Fast Food Workers
Why DO people join Unions?
What have unions ever done for us?
You may have heard the terms, associations & federations, which are similar to unions - the point is to provide collective protection
Problems with working relationships - with supervisor/employer, or racial/sexual harassment
Problems with working conditions - long hours, unequal pay, threats to health & safety
Workers' rights violations, exploitation or injustice
It's about fairness!!
Health & safety
Lots of the gains made by unions have benefited ALL of us
The 8-hour workday
Presentation made by Jennifer Huang
Presentation adapted from the Ontario Federation of Labour's Talking Union
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Retail Store Workers
Grocery Check-out Clerk
Let's look at an example of what school conditions would be like without the union
1. Join the Canadian Media Guild with production by MyFilms Production
3. The School Zone by OSSTF
2. What Have American Unions Ever Done for Us? by MoveOn Creative
And the fight for social justice continues today.....
Economic equality for women
Labour Fights AIDS
Good Jobs For All
$10 Minimum Wage Campaign