Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Plant rproductuon 2
Transcript of Plant rproductuon 2
There are two types of reproduction - sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction.
Two parents are needed in sexual reproduction, and the offspring produced are genetically different to the parents.
Only one parent is needed in asexual reproduction, and the offspring produced are genetically identical, eg reproduction in bacteria, production of spores by fungi, and the formation of tubers in potatoes and bulbs in daffodils.
These are some of the advantages of sexual reproduction:
introduces variation into a population
the species can adapt to new environments
a disease is less likely to affect all the individuals in a population
These are some of the disadvantages of sexual reproduction:
time and energy are needed to find a mate
not possible for an isolated individual
To know how the story of reproduction applies to plant fertilisation
To be able to differentiate between sexual and asexual reproduction
Plant reproduction 2
Aim and starter
23rd August 2017
What are the advantages of Asexual?
Write it down
How do plants reproduce?
Make a 'house' presentation