Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Signs Show a Chemical Reaction has Occurred?
Transcript of What Signs Show a Chemical Reaction has Occurred?
A change in smell indicates a chemical reaction
To remember the signs of a chemical reaction use the phrase:
Please Excuse Coughs Sneezes and Burps
Leaves change color in autumn
Frying an egg
A solid is formed when two liquids are mixed.
Two clears make a cloudy!
A reaction that gives off light or causes a temperature change
An unexpected color change indicates a chemical reaction
Bubbles, or the release of gas is an indicator of a chemical change
Chemical Vs. Physical Changes
Create a NEW substance!
Change what matter is made of
Generally can't be undone
In general physical changes can be undone
Causes a change in appearance
(BUT NOT ALWAYS)!
Signs that a Physical Change has occurred include:
A change in Shape or Size
A change in the state of matter
(A Phase Change)