Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Last Trip Abroad
Transcript of Last Trip Abroad
* Dumaguete, according to Rizal- spreads out on the beach. Some have big houses, some are galvanized iron roofing.
* Visited Herrero Regidor, Periquet and Rufina families in Dumaguete.
* España sailed to Cebu. Rizal was fascinated by the entrance to Cebu.
* In the morning of August 3, Rizal left Cebu going to Iloilo. * Rizal was not able to catch the mail ship Isla de Luzon for Spain.
* Rizal was transferred to the Spanish cruiser Castilla by order of Governor General Ramon Blanco. Rizal misses ship going to Spain * Fray Mariano Gil discovered the Katipunan plot to overthrow Spanish rule by means of revolution.
* the tumult produced by the discovery of the Katipunan plot was aggravated by the "Cry of Balintawak".
* Gov. Gen. Blanco proclaimed a state of war in Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija and Tarlac. Outbreak of the Philippine Revolution *Rizal received from Gov. Gen. Blanco two letters of introduction for the Minister of War and the Minister of Colonies.
* the two letters of introduction was identical.
*the day before he went to Spain, Rizal, on board the Castilla, wrote to his mother.
* Rizal was transfered to the steamer Isla de Panay. Departure for Spain *Rizal proved to be as gullible as Sultan Zaide.
*One of his greatest mistake was to believe that Gov. Gen. Blanco was a man of honor and a friend.
*the truth is that Blanco was his implacable foe, who regarded him as a "dangerous Filipino"
*Rizal was unaware of this that he was a deportee and was being secretly kept under surveillance. Capiz Iloilo Manila via Romblon Rizal in Singapore *the steamer arrived at Singapore in the evening.
*He went sightseeing the other day.
*Rizal wrote on his diary that there are more Chinese merchants than Indians. *Rizal did not heed the advice of Don Pedro to stay behind to take advantage of the British law. Rizal arrested before reaching Barcelona *Rizal happily continued the voyage towards Barcelona.
*He heard from the passengers that a telegram arrived.
*It reported the execution of Francisco Roxas, Genato and Osorio.
*A day after the steamer left Port Said, a passenger told Rizal that he would be arrested and would be sent to prison.
*The following day, he was officially notified by Captain Alemany that he should stay in the cabin until further orders from Manila. Arrival in Barcelona as a Prisoner *Being confined in his cabin, he wasn't able to visit the island when the steamer anchored at Malta.
*On October 3, the steamer arrived in Barcelona.
*On his second day in Barcelona, he noticed the city celebration of the feast of St. Francis of Assisi. *On October 6, Rizal was awakened by the guards and escorted him to Monjuich.
*General Despujol interviewed Rizal and told him that he would be shipped back to Manila through the steamer Colon.
*the steamer Colon was full of soldiers and officers and their families.