Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Let's Write! Day 1
Transcript of Let's Write! Day 1
Do Now - Friday, February 6, 2015
Step 1: Choose your topic!
Use your resources:
Find evidence (QUOTES) that supports each of the examples listed in your packet.
*College Skill Alert*: Organizing Research Evidence
Ms. Merwin's experience at UC Irvine
Step 2: Make a decision: Will you write about your topic's
effects on Europe?
Today's Learning Objective
1) What event they will be writing about for their essay.
2) Whether they will be writing about this events' political, social or economic effects on Europe (choose 2).
3) Identify evidence for both body paragraphs (4 pieces in total) and write the evidence in their packet.
SCAVENGER HUNT -
1) True or False: You must write about all three events.
2) The evidence pages for The Black Death are on pages 3-4.
3) What page number gives you hints about where to find evidence?
4) How many pieces of evidence does Paragraph 2 require?
5) How many pieces of evidence does Paragraph 3 require?
6) How many total paragraphs are in this essay?
7) True or False: After you choose your topic, you may only write about its
effects on Europe.
QUESTION: The bubonic plague affected the workforce in the regions it struck in all of the following ways,
A. allowing workers to demand higher wages.
B. shrinking the size of the available workforce.
C. decreasing the need for workers.
D. increasing nobles’ need for farm workers.
In your opinion, which event transformed Europe the most?
[The Magna Carta, The Crusades, the Black Death]
List three reasons that support your choice.
CHOOSE 2. Circle or highlight them in your packet.
For example: Perhaps you will be writing about the POLITICAL or SOCIAL effects of the Black Death.
4 Quotes = YOUR EXIT TICKET :)
*Independent Study Research: US History
*Researched for 10 weeks
*Organized my research into categories, then chose my claim (argument).
*Spent another 10 weeks writing