Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cloud Computing
somewhere in the ether
It is actually very physical, you just don't see it
Future of finance in cloud
1.Customer relationships will be redefined
A type of data
where data is stored, managed, and processed
and accessed by a
terminal through the internet.
3.Non-banking cloud based competitors will keep up the pressure.
Keeping data safe and secure
A cellphone or computer without much storage space
The data is still stored on a server,
just not one located in your home or office
What is Cloud Computing ?
Like Grid Computing?
Google Drive, Dropbox
Infinite Computing Power
Emerging markets: ATMs in the clouds?
Dynamic and flexible technology
Highly optimised & virtual infrastructure
Fully automated service provision.
Shared services delievered across trusted domain
Internet or intranet based access model
Service based acquisition model
The protection and confidentiality of data.
Legal and regulatory complaince.
Trusting data to the people and processes.
The threat of confidential data.
Achieving legal redress.
Business Process management
Enterprise risk management
Retail banking and stocktrading
Critical batch job scheduling
2.Cloud computing will steadily progress at all levels of the stack.
4.Emerging market banks will lead cloud based innovation
5.Collaborative cloud based shared services will emerge between banks.
6.Cloud enabled collaborative bundling will expand accross and beyond financial services.
7.payments in the cloud will be a key focus
Significantly low startup costs and rapidly expandable capabilities that shifts capital Expenses
Ability to deliever tailored products and services
Usage based business model
Economies of core competency
of the service provider
Characteristics of Cloud Computing
On Demand Self Service
Ubiquitous network Access
TEAM - FELLOWSHIP 6
YAZHINI M - 372709
VIGNESH R K - 372490
JOHNRAMESH B - 372577
CHANDRABOSE J - 372588
MANIKANDAN M - 372580
KRITHIGA R - 372578
Since major shifts in technology can take years to make an impact, the migration of core financial services applications to the cloud might take some time. Cloud Computing is a promising paradigm for delivering computing utilities as services. Just as personal computers and servers shook up the world of mainframes and minicomputers or as smartphones and tablets revolutionized the mobile commerce industry, cloud computing is bringing similar far-reaching changes to the licensing and provisioning of infrastructure and to methodologies for application development, deployment and delivery.
• Bedell, Crystal. “Cloud computing technologies and financial services.” SearchCloudSecurity,
• Crosman, Penny. “BS&T Survey: Banks Take to Cloud Computing.” Bank Systems Technology, August16,2010. http://www.banktech.com/architecture-infrastructure/226100004
• King, Leo. “Banking giant BBVA moves internal apps to Google cloud.” Computerworld, January 12,2012. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9223391/Banking_giant_BBVA_moves_internal_apps_to_Google_cloud
• Weber, Tim. “Google persuades Spanish bank BBVA to use the cloud.” BBC News Business, January11,2012. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16486796
• “What Silver Lining Has Cloud Computing for Banking?” RFP Connect blog, October 19, 2010. http://www.rfpconnect.com/news/2010/10/19/what-silver-lining-has-cloud-computing-for-banking.