Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Plant Hormones
Promotes cell division and elongation
Involved in Tropism Promotes cell division, elongation and seed germination
Stimulates new cell growth and cell division in rapidly growing regions
Prevents leaf aging Stimulates plants to manufacture antibiotics in response to infection by fungi or bacteria
It also functions this way in humans Stimulates ageing of plants and fruit ripening Inhibits seed germination
Causes closure of stomates
Blocks action of promoter hormones
USES? Easy to cultivate since it can be produced by fermenting a type of fungi (Gibberella fujikuroi) USES? This is a dynamic field
Research is being conducted to see how we can use it to prevent infections in crops.
Used to promote seed or bud dormancy in periods of high stress.
What causes stress in plants?