Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of World Drumming
Came from china
Stick is called Bachi Originally called Tabor
Ottoman Empire 1300's, used for war
Changed to todays look in the 1900's Snare & Field Drums Doumbek From the Middle East
Head is made from fish skin, goat skin or plastic
Body is made of nickel, ceramic, or aluminum Tabla Small Drum - Dayan (right hand drum)
Big Drum - Bayan (left hand drum)
Each made of different materials Ashiko 3 different tones
played with hands
cousin of Djembe Bodhran Bow-rawn
Wood body, goatskin head
played with a stick called the cipin Djembe made of wood and goat skin
plays many different tones Trap Set/Drum Kit Always has: bass drum, snare drum, tom-toms, hi-hat cymbal, ride cymbal, and crash cymbal
May have: cowbell, tambourine, extra cymbals of all types, more drums of different pitches, and more!
Played with sticks Drums from Around