Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AR practices
Costas Boletsis, MSc-MA
Gjøvik University College, Norway
Some popular applications of AR...
Navigation & Annotation
A long way...
AR City guide - Navigation & Annotation
- Developed with Layar (+ PHP, HTML, jQuery)
- Accessible by mobile devices at corfuar.com
- 1 non-personalized version (CorfuAR Basic)
- 3 personalized versions (CorfuAR Blue, Red, Green)
- Personalization based on segmentation criteria by WTO
Results from personalized VS non-personalized CorfuAR (N=33)
- Indications that the use of personalized CorfuAR presents higher Hedonic Motivation and Personal Innovativeness
by Dimitra Chasanidou
Marketing - Cinema/Movies
- Developed using Layar vision (+ PHP, HTML, jQuery)
- Movie posters as markers
Results from measuring emotional factors when using Cinevision VS poster (N=291)
- Cinevision is associated with the emotional states of Pleasure and Arousal
AR + Education
focusing on the "wow factor"
Augmented Reality Freedom Stories
(MIT Teacher Education Program: http://goo.gl/iwl1W)
- wow factor
- backstory & context
- goals & challenges
- failure-win states
Mystery at the museum
(MIT Teacher Education Program: http://goo.gl/fyvnm)
The Table Mystery
- AR mystery game about the periodic table and the chemical elements
- game for Science Centre
- players: students 10-14 years old
- 3 teams of 3 students
- Each team has 3 characters: Technologist, Researcher, Investigator
- Using AR to scan elements on the periodic table and 3D models/clues come up
Backstory & scanning screen
Finding a 3D model when scanning an element
Players getting their characters
- Provide a pleasant experience associated with chemistry, different from that in class
- Provide a certain amount of knowledge
- Promote collaboration between students
AR as output
Combination with gestures
What the future holds...
Squire et al. “Design Principles of Next-Generation Digital Gaming for Education”: http://goo.gl/xmuRB
Simon McCallum - Prezi channel on Serious Games, AR, Gamification and more: http://prezi.com/user/jjil82flg69g/prezis/
Augmented Reality & Games in Education prezi: http://prezi.com/nbgi2qrfjzup/augmented-reality-games-in-education/
Basics of Augmented Reality presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/aky25/augmented-reality-presentation-3119696
Latest Augmented Reality articles & news:
McCallum & Boletsis, "Augmented reality & Gesture-based Architecture in Games for the Elderly", to be published at pHealth 2013.