Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sustainable Energy
A Sustainable Business Development
- Keep innovation, keep core competence， protect IP
- Strict evaluation and fair assessment
- Strategical, long-term collaborations with qualified partner
- Regulatory compliance
- ‘NAMI’ branding
- Nurture local industry
-- business development plan to promote sustainable energy sector
Road to Sustainable
SWOT analysis - Sustainable Energy Sector
Looking for Collaborations
- Local research institutions participate at the project level
- Collaborations with applied research institutions in the Mainland and worldwide
- At the project level, research team works hand-in-hand with the industrial sponsors/partners.
- Actively licenses out ready-to-market products and technologies to industry partners
- Participates in market analysis, fund raising, pilot-scale production and product testing
- Contract research projects (funded by industry partner， IP owned by industry)
- Spin-off mature teams as private enterprise， with funding support from different investors
Proprietary intellectual property rights
Innovative and excellent staff
Location (Mainland and Worldwide)
Government funded - stable for long-term strategy
Fill the gap between research and industry
Technology bottleneck （e.g. efficiency)
Long R&D cycle, low iteration speed
Lack of successful commercialization cases
Less pressure to develop profitability
Abundant funding: 15 projects, all of which with millions HKD
Upgrade of industrial technology
China: 12th '5-year Plan' and thereafter, 'energy revolution'
Promising applications: Building integrated PV, electric motors， etc.
Lack of local company as the industry key player
Depressed solar energy industry (excessive production capacity， impose anti-dumping duty, etc.)
Low investor confidence (DuPont shut down PV business)
PV Sector - Application Oriented
- Participates in developing portfolio of downstream partners (e.g. components, instruments, etc.)
- Provides technical support and advisory on the applications
Why NAMI special?
Thin-Film PV & innovative LIB
in HK, for HK
in HK, with China
Clean manufacturing process
R&D Centre of HKSAR
Where is the opportunity?
Market leader with innovative demand
Niche market, value-added products
Govt long-term plan, massive market
Pearl River Delta Region
Continuous innovation capacity
Distributed electricity generation
& Building integrated PV
PV power station
Remote application, after-disaster energy
China's new urbanization
a-Si: relatively mature tech, low cost, good performance at weak light， flexibility
CIGS： efficiency 20% in lab, 15% in production
OPV: fabricated on flexible light-weight substrates
CIGS: abundant resource in China
OPV： lowest cost
LIB Sector - Application Oriented
LTO anode: fast charge/discharge, long cycle life, withstand harsh conditions
LIB with improved safety (self-shutdown)
A Win-Win Collaboration
UPS, Motors, Vehicle, Portable Instrument
Thin-film consumer electronics
fancy consumable electronics, wearable device
- Technology provider & Long-term tech adviser
- Product provider & Application specialist
- Strict compliance with due diligence
- Industry-initiated projects and engage from early stage