Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is Morquio Syndrome?
Transcript of What is Morquio Syndrome?
Also, Morquio can really cause heart failure How is the disease different in the book ?
kEVIN DID NOT HAVE,# Bell-shaped chest with ribs flared out at the bottom
# Coarse facial features
# Hypermobile joints
# Large head (macrocephaly) The END Facts There is no specific treatment for Morquio syndrome. Symptoms are treated as they occur.
A spinal fusion may prevent irreversible spinal cord injury in persons whose neck bones are underdeveloped. The syndrome is estimated to occur in 1 of every 200,000 births. Symptoms usually start between ages 1 and 3. A family history of the syndrome raises one's risk for the condition