Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mitchell's Story
By: David Bottoms
Discuss the speaker and the subjects of the poem
speaker- poet, David Bottoms
subjects- Mitchell, bus, bus driver, parking lot, light
explain abstract subjects
Discuss the theme of the poem
Basically the struggle of an old man, outcast vs mainstream.
Discuss a few of the poet devices of the poem
Explain how imagery plays a role in the poem.
The images show the struggle of an old man to fit it. This poem depicts the decay of an old man who has been working his whole life, then reached his breaking point.
Discuss the literal meaning
A school bus driver beat up a kid and obviously the bus driver was then fired.