Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Personal Branding Using LinkedIn
Transcript of Personal Branding Using LinkedIn
of your labor! Create Your Profile &
Update it as Your Experience Grows ... The Basics:
- Use LinkedIn's Resume Builder Tool
- Add a professional picture
Optional but Recommended:
- Connect your *Twitter* account
- Add apps. (slideshare for presentations,
Wordpress and Typepad for *Blogs*, etc.) LinkedIn is the world's largest
professional social networking
site and has been described as:
- "Facebook for professionals" ...without the drama
- "The Virtual Rolodex" Take Inventory of Your Current Online Brand: Growing Your
With - Write recommendations for those you have
professional relationships with.
- Request recommendations from supervisors & co-workers.
- Endorse various skills of your connections
- Join LinkedIn groups (professional, academic, extracurricular, non-profit/service, etc.) - Use LinkedIn to Job search
- Get views/scouted by recruiters
- Use LinkedIn to prep for interviews
- Utilize your network as resources LinkedIn Q. What's my current online presence?
A. Google yourself!
- Take inventory of your experience
(educational, work, extracurricular)
- Take inventory of your contacts (personal and educational/professional) - Search in names of people you have relationships with (professional and personal): current/former bosses, co-workers, friends, professors, high school teachers, neighbors, relatives, friends' parents.
- Send a request to connect. (LinkedIn sends a "form" message but it's recommended that you edit it to make them more personal).
- Utilize the LinkedIn Alumni Tool (handout) Take Inventory of Yourself: Keep it... FRESH! Maintain & Update Your Profile Example: 100% complete LinkedIn profile: WHAT IT'S NOT... What It Is... Get out there and get your profile going and then send me a connection request on LinkedIn! THE END (of this presentation) & Your Beginning... - Nicole Leipski http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicoleleipski