Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Personal Branding Using LinkedIn
Transcript of Personal Branding Using LinkedIn
of your labor! Create Your Profile &
Update it as Your Experience Grows ... The Basics:
- Use LinkedIn's Resume Builder Tool
- Add a professional picture
Optional but Recommended:
- Connect your *Twitter* account
- Add apps. (slideshare for presentations,
Wordpress and Typepad for *Blogs*, etc.) LinkedIn is the world's largest
professional social networking
site and has been described as:
- "Facebook for professionals" ...without the drama
- "The Virtual Rolodex" Take Inventory of Your Current Online Brand: Growing Your
With - Write recommendations for those you have
professional relationships with.
- Request recommendations from supervisors & co-workers.
- Endorse various skills of your connections
- Join LinkedIn groups (professional, academic, extracurricular, non-profit/service, etc.) - Use LinkedIn to Job search
- Get views/scouted by recruiters
- Use LinkedIn to prep for interviews
- Utilize your network as resources LinkedIn Q. What's my current online presence?
A. Google yourself!
- Take inventory of your experience
(educational, work, extracurricular)
- Take inventory of your contacts (personal and educational/professional) - Search in names of people you have relationships with (professional and personal): current/former bosses, co-workers, friends, professors, high school teachers, neighbors, relatives, friends' parents.
- Send a request to connect. (LinkedIn sends a "form" message but it's recommended that you edit it to make them more personal).
- Utilize the LinkedIn Alumni Tool (handout) Take Inventory of Yourself: Keep it... FRESH! Maintain & Update Your Profile Example: 100% complete LinkedIn profile: WHAT IT'S NOT... What It Is... Get out there and get your profile going and then send me a connection request on LinkedIn! THE END (of this presentation) & Your Beginning... - Nicole Leipski http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicoleleipski