Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
U.S. Government Shutdown
Transcript of U.S. Government Shutdown
What is a U.S
Why it happened?
Republicans did not want to sign the bill
ObamaCare (which is another word for the United States new health care law - the Affordable Care Act "ACA")
Too long to read.
Miss understanding and bad communication.
How does the United States feel/ are affected by the Government Shutdown
Most americans - middle class, support Obamacare because of the beneficial new healthcare law.
Higher income families are not supportive of Obamacare due insurance costs that may go up, but the quality of your insurance just got a lot better (and 1% taxation at the end of the yr).
Americans are frustrated because of :
U.S. Government Shutdown
U.S Government Shutdown
The United States Constitution requires government spending be approved in bills passed by the United States Congress. Some government functions such as the Federal Reserve System are completely self-funded. Others, like Social Security and Medicare are partially self-funded but may be subject to administrative shutdowns and failures if the government fails to meet its financial obligations.
Since the 1990's, Congress has often failed to pass the twelve to thirteen appropriation bills that set government-wide spending, often passing "Continuing resolutions " to extend existing spending law at or near current levels, and "omnibus" bills that combine many appropriations bills into one. Budget negotiations can be difficult
when the president is not of the party that controls one or both houses of Congress.
The last budget was passed on April 29, 2009.
The last major Government Shutdown
This is not the first time the U.S. government has faced a sudden closure. The last was in the fall of 1995 and the winter of 1996 when then President Bill Clinton fought with the Republican-controlled Congress. At the time, spending on medicare was at issue.
While that impasse took Americans by complete surprise, it didn't ruin any political careers or cause an economic catastrophe.
1. Do you think this whole situation could of been easily solved?
2. Do you agree with the new ACA law - ObamaCare
3. 2 parks that were closed
This message is approved by the 12th Man.
- Government services that were closed during the duration of time the shutdown lasted.
- Those that are forced to work not getting payed.
- Bad for tourism were affected (ex: Washington monument, Lincoln Memorial, national parks - all closed )
Well now that the Government shutdown is over
a way to avoid this from happen again would be
by to calmly sit down and talk it out until there's a
solution so that the people of the united states don't