Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of marshmallow launcher
we have to design a marshmallow launcher. the launcher must be able to fire from three specific position for various
brain store pules
it lunches futrher
you can use all
materials that they
give strong, sturdy
(15) craft sticks
1- court is marked
with a line "24" from the basket.
2. The backboard is 12” wide and 7” high. The rim is 14” high and has a diameter of about 4”.
3. The marshmallow launcher must fit within a 1’x1’ footprint.
4. The energy source (rubber band) must be attached to the device.
5. The design must be accessible by all persons, easy to use, flexible in use.
select an approach
launcher 1 launcher 2 launcher3
2 2 3
2 1 3
3 1 2
3 3 2
develop a design proposal
make a model or prototype
test and evaluate
We noticed that as the trials increased, the number of shots we took mostly increased as well. In Trial One, we made 0 of the shots we took at all points (1, 2, and 3). After that, we evaluated the model and added more glue and a base to the launcher so it's more stable. We went back and tested again for Trial 2 and we made 20% of the shots at point 1 and 40% of the shots at point 3. We did one last trial and our number of shots increased. At point 1, we shot 60% and at point 2 we shot 40%.
1- not strong
2- not enough rubber
3- take time
refine the evaluate
* We add a cardboard box that would supports the launcher.
* We added a bottle cap to holds thye marshmallow
*we added more rubber bands so the launcher would be more flexible
create or make solution
communice process and results
In our best trial, our efficiency calculation was 40. As the trials increased, our efficiency increased too.