Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Grammar: Unit 1: Lesson 2: Four Types of Sentences
Transcript of Grammar: Unit 1: Lesson 2: Four Types of Sentences
*Begins with a CAPITAL LETTER
*Ends with an End Mark
* exclamation point ( ! )
* period ( . )
* question mark ( ? )
*A statement sentence tells something. An end mark of a period ( . ) is used.
* My cat is soft and fluffy.
* Jane is a nice friend.
* A question asks something. The end mark of a question mark ( ? ) is used.
* What are you doing after school today?
* What is your favorite color?
* A Command tells someone to do something. The end mark of a period ( . ) is used.
* Please put your coat and backpack in your locker.
* Please write about your weekend in your writing notebook.
* An exclamation shows strong feelings such as excitement, surprise, or fear. It ends with the end mark of an exclamation point ( ! ).
* Stop! Look before you cross the street!
* I can't believe you got me tickets to the concert!
Four Types of Sentences
Give an example of:
* A Statement (.)
* A Question (?)
* A Command (.)
* An Exclamation (!)
Write Four Sentences
*Use correct end marks*
Write a sentence that makes a statement about the weather.
*Write a sentence that asks a friend a question.
*Write a command telling a family member to help with something (make sure to begin with "please").
*Write an exclamation about a time you were excited, scared or surprised.