Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Grammar: Unit 1: Lesson 2: Four Types of Sentences
Transcript of Grammar: Unit 1: Lesson 2: Four Types of Sentences
*Begins with a CAPITAL LETTER
*Ends with an End Mark
* exclamation point ( ! )
* period ( . )
* question mark ( ? )
*A statement sentence tells something. An end mark of a period ( . ) is used.
* My cat is soft and fluffy.
* Jane is a nice friend.
* A question asks something. The end mark of a question mark ( ? ) is used.
* What are you doing after school today?
* What is your favorite color?
* A Command tells someone to do something. The end mark of a period ( . ) is used.
* Please put your coat and backpack in your locker.
* Please write about your weekend in your writing notebook.
* An exclamation shows strong feelings such as excitement, surprise, or fear. It ends with the end mark of an exclamation point ( ! ).
* Stop! Look before you cross the street!
* I can't believe you got me tickets to the concert!
Four Types of Sentences
Give an example of:
* A Statement (.)
* A Question (?)
* A Command (.)
* An Exclamation (!)
Write Four Sentences
*Use correct end marks*
Write a sentence that makes a statement about the weather.
*Write a sentence that asks a friend a question.
*Write a command telling a family member to help with something (make sure to begin with "please").
*Write an exclamation about a time you were excited, scared or surprised.