Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Why there won't be a proliferation of Bitcoin-like currencies
Sen Smithon 16 February 2013
Transcript of Why there won't be a proliferation of Bitcoin-like currencies
- 4 years of history
- etc. - blah
- No history! A competitor to Bitcoin would not only have to be clearly superior, but also superior enough to make up for its lack of history.
How valuable is Bitcoin's history of reliability, in terms of its suitability as a currency? If it's larger than the space between Bitcoin and ideal, then competition with Bitcoin is currently impossible.
In any case, there have been no significant competitors, and if one should appear, it will only succeed if it is in fact clearly superior. Then the margin for besting the new currency will be even smaller. Therefore there will be no endless proliferation of cryptocurrencies.