Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Composting
How does composting work and what is compost?
Composting is when you throw your food scraps in a special green bin which is taken to a special landfill just for compost. It takes a few years to decompose, and when it does, it turns into soil to grow more food. Compost is a pile of green organic matter that includes food scraps, plants, and manure. Those ingredients will be mixed with leaves, wood chips, or straw to create compost.
Why are we doing this?
The reason that we are talking to you about this is because YHS is going to start composting. We are going to have compost stations where you can sort all your trash/compost/recycling.
The cycle of composting
This video will help you understand anything we missed.
Help us compost!
Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of water, and when they are put into the landfill, the water combines with plastic and turns into leachate. The leachate will go into the ground and end up in oceans or lakes. It will leak into our lakes and rivers and contaminate the water that we swim and drink.