Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
A Level PE - Comparative Studies Australia & UK - smudgersmith8
Transcript of A Level PE - Comparative Studies Australia & UK - smudgersmith8
Australia & the UK MOTHER COUNTRY: Mother Country & Motherland are used to
refer to England 1788 around 1000 men & women
from the UK were transported as
convicted criminals to
Port Jackson, the present
site of Sydney. The Cultural Context of Australia In Australia sport & physical activity is beyond doubt a major priority. Its high status is reflected in the schools Physical Education
programmes & the commitment to
mass participation & the pursuit of excellence. Historical
Determinants FREE SETTLERS: These people had chosen to emigrate from the UK to Australia. In the 19th Century, their numbers were low. Modern Australia began as a penal colony when the convicted criminals arrived.
Life was brutally hard for these people and even after their release from convict settlements, they continued to be treated with disdain by military personal and by free settlers.
A return to the UK was, in most cases, impossible.