Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Using Modifiers Correctly
Transcript of Copy of Using Modifiers Correctly
One-syllable modifiers and most two-syllable modifiers show the comparative form by the addition of
and the superlative form by the addition of
Some two-syllable modifiers sound awkward with er or est and use more or most to make comparisons. Two-syllable words that end in ly use more or most.
Adverbs and adjectives show three different levels, or degrees, of comparison.
Three Levels of Comparison
Comparison of three or more things or groups.
Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system.
Comparison of two things or groups.
Jupiter is larger than mars.
No Comparison made
Jupiter is a large planet in our solar system.
Adjectives and adverbs that have three or more syllables use more and most to make comparison.
Some adjectives and adverbs have irregular comparative and superlative forms. the forms of these modifiers to not follow a regular pattern.
less or lesser
Comparison of Modifiers
-Posted on Classroom
Good or Well?
Bad or Badly?
She did a good job.
She has a bad knee.
She played well.
She badly wanted to win.