Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Social Exchange Theory in Film
Transcript of The Social Exchange Theory in Film
1) Does the movie or show display an individual making a relationship decision based on the benefits or detriments?
2) Is the reason(s) for the relationship decision clearly stated or implied in the film?
3) Is this film or television show episode twenty years old or you
Examples in Movies and Television Shows
What I Found:
The Break-Up (2006)
"The social exchange perspective takes as its analytic focus this aspect of social life: the benefits that people obtain from, contribute to, social interaction and the opportunity structures and interdependencies that govern these exchanges" (Molm 2006:24).
The “social exchange theory attempts to account for the emergence, persistence, and demise of sustained social relationships” (Friedman 1987:55).
Why it Matters