Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of jayden horace\
The New York Colony was founded in 1626 by the Duke of York and other colonists on Manhattan Island.
New York was one of the three colonies that saw the most fighting during the War. In fact, the Battles of Fort Ticonderoga on May 10, 1775 and the Battle of Saratoga on October 7, 1777 were both fought in New York. New York served as the major base of operations for the British for most of the war. The war finally ended in 1782 after the British defeat at the Battle of Yorktown.
colonial history brief
Type of people living the new york colony
The people that lived in the new york colony were the Ducthes.
Types of economy
New York was often referred to as a breadbasket colony because it grew so many crops, especially wheat. The wheat was ground into flour in flour mills then shipped to England.
Types of religion
Religion: Not dominated by a specific religion which gave way to religious freedom for Quakers, Catholics, Lutherans, Jews and others. Refer to Religion in the Colonies
Why would people want to settle in our colony