Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Princess Diana
- dating Dodi al-Fayed at time of her death
- many similarities:
- very rich- wasn't after money
- abandoned by mother
- raised by father
Engagement.. to DEATH!
Rees-Jones today, a huge billionaire (Forbes)
- Dodi's father
- supported the couple
- convinced Royal Family had Diana and Dodi killed
- to this day still trying to sue the Royal Family
- knew that Dodi was about to propose
- After their death built two memorials in their honor
Princess Diana: was it really a car
- at a 121 mph car crash, there was one survivor!
- Trevor Rees-Jones, the bodyguard, survived with injuries to the head
- used to work for Royal Mitlitary Police
- claims that he has lost memory of the incident
Bodyguard: Just Lucky??
- purchased an engagement ring
- Dodi was going to propose that
- servents knew about engagement
- Royal Family afraid Diana's marriage would ruin plans to raise the future heirs to the throne
Princess Diana's Death: Introduction & Overview - CoverUps.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coverups.com/princess-diana-death/princess-di-coverup.htm
Princess Diana - The Conspiracy Theories. (2012, September 24). Retrieved from http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/talk/news/diana_conspiracy_theories.html
Princess Diana's Death: Conspiracy Theories - CoverUps.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coverups.com/princess-diana-death/princess-di-death-theories.htm
Princess Diana's Death: Ordered by the Royal Family? - CoverUps.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coverups.com/princess-diana-death/princess-di-murder.htm
McMahon, Mary, and Bronwyn Harris. WiseGeek. Conjecture, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015. <http://www.wisegeek.com/what-was-camillagate.htm>.
(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/diana/background/adultry.htm
2007, 8. G. (n.d.). Henri Paul 'not supposed to be Diana's driver' Retrieved from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1571437/Henri-Paul-not-supposed-to-be-Dianas-driver.html
Diana Speaks--AutopsySummary.html. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.dianaspeaks.info/AutopsySummary.html
Diana: What have we learned? (2008, April 07). Retrieved from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7313174.stm
Timeline: How Diana died. (2006, December 14). Retrieved from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/conspiracy_files/6217366.stm
The bitter aftertaste of Princess Diana's 50th birthday. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/2011/07/01/52613543/
The Peculiar Trip to the Hospital
- 2 hours to reach to the Pitié-Salpétrière Hospital
the ambulance reached the crash site at 12:32 A.M
left the site at 1:25 A.M.
reached the hospital at 2:06 A.M.
- many doctors agree that the long delay took away Lady Di's chance for survival
- the royal family saw Diana's body; her body was illegally embalmed without going through an autopsy
- embalming a body hides pregnancies
What "happened" ?
Jealous ex: Prince Charles
- Diana Frances Spencer, former Princess of Wales, and her boyfriend, Dodi al-Fayed, boarded a car, leaving the Ritz hotel
- the driver, Henri Paul (apparently drunk) chased by paparazzi
- crashed into a pillar in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel - everyone died except for the body guard
Prince Charles: clearly crazy
- ex husband and father of her two kids
- married from 1981-1996
- had multiple affairs with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (in his younger years & during his marriage with Diana)
- before they were married, had an affair with Diana's older sister, Sarah
- Diana even attempted suicide because of Charles' affairs
Blame it on the Driver!
- married to Camilla now that Diana is dead
- Princess Diana mentioned in a interview, "There were three of us in the marriage. It was a bit crowded."
- Camillagate Scandal - an intimate phone conversation between Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
Camilla and Charles together at a young age
Got remarried in 2005
- Diana said his name in the wrong order
- "Philip Charles Arthur George"
- could be sending a sign that she did not want to marry him
- Diana omitted a traditional royal vow
Camilla's first marriage to Andrew Parker Bowles
the couple on the wedding day!
What Happens in the Tunnel, Stays in the Tunnel...
- Black Mercedes crashed into the 13th pillar
- the CCTV cameras inside the tunnels were mysteriously "not working"
- The car had many white marks on it
- this suggests that there was a car already present in the tunnel that probably was associated with the crash (several say it was a White Fiat Uno)
- The Ritz Hotel released CCTV footage
to show that he is sober
- François Tendil, the night security manager, stated that he had seen no sign that Paul had been drinking that night
- 1st time blood tests were
taken: BAC three times over the French drink-drive limit;
- When the blood tests were conducted a second time, there was a higher level of carbon monoxide, indicating alterations to the blood samples
Queen Elizabeth II
it should've taken at most 30 minutes to reach the hospital
Prince William and Harry
- The Royal Family disapproved
-one key difference: Religion
-raising William and Henry (more on this later)
- Diana may have been pregnant
- Before their death Dodi invited
Diana to a romantic trip
- at the second trip Diana told
reporters she had exciting news
- not clear how she died
, we do know this was not an accident
- the royal family had..
- power and ability to kill Diana
- many motives to kill Diana
- Diana herself said,
How did she die?
-royal family hired MI6
- motorcycle ahead flashed a laser into the eyes of the driver
- multiple witnesses saw a bright flash from the tunnel
- the other car involved in the crash mysteriously disappeared
- less devolped theory: driver was poisoned
- different diver
- high BAC level, but not drinking
She Knows Too Much...
- Diana about to release private information that could destroy royal image
- Charles liked men
- Charles was having sex with male and female servants
- Diana had already had an interview where she opened up a little
- revealed information about Camilla
- talked about pressure of royal family
- Diana said, "
...my mother in law is going to kill me for saying all this
see me as a threat
of some kind. . . . I think every strong woman in history has had to walk down a similar path, and I think it's the
strength that causes the confusion and the fear
- known for doing charity work without knowledge of royal family
- first royalty to casually touch AIDS patients
- big supporter of banning landmines and treating landmine victims
Who is Camilla?