Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Princess Diana
- dating Dodi al-Fayed at time of her death
- many similarities:
- very rich- wasn't after money
- abandoned by mother
- raised by father
Engagement.. to DEATH!
Rees-Jones today, a huge billionaire (Forbes)
- Dodi's father
- supported the couple
- convinced Royal Family had Diana and Dodi killed
- to this day still trying to sue the Royal Family
- knew that Dodi was about to propose
- After their death built two memorials in their honor
Princess Diana: was it really a car
- at a 121 mph car crash, there was one survivor!
- Trevor Rees-Jones, the bodyguard, survived with injuries to the head
- used to work for Royal Mitlitary Police
- claims that he has lost memory of the incident
Bodyguard: Just Lucky??
- purchased an engagement ring
- Dodi was going to propose that
- servents knew about engagement
- Royal Family afraid Diana's marriage would ruin plans to raise the future heirs to the throne
Princess Diana's Death: Introduction & Overview - CoverUps.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coverups.com/princess-diana-death/princess-di-coverup.htm
Princess Diana - The Conspiracy Theories. (2012, September 24). Retrieved from http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/talk/news/diana_conspiracy_theories.html
Princess Diana's Death: Conspiracy Theories - CoverUps.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coverups.com/princess-diana-death/princess-di-death-theories.htm
Princess Diana's Death: Ordered by the Royal Family? - CoverUps.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coverups.com/princess-diana-death/princess-di-murder.htm
McMahon, Mary, and Bronwyn Harris. WiseGeek. Conjecture, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015. <http://www.wisegeek.com/what-was-camillagate.htm>.
(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/diana/background/adultry.htm
2007, 8. G. (n.d.). Henri Paul 'not supposed to be Diana's driver' Retrieved from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1571437/Henri-Paul-not-supposed-to-be-Dianas-driver.html
Diana Speaks--AutopsySummary.html. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.dianaspeaks.info/AutopsySummary.html
Diana: What have we learned? (2008, April 07). Retrieved from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7313174.stm
Timeline: How Diana died. (2006, December 14). Retrieved from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/conspiracy_files/6217366.stm
The bitter aftertaste of Princess Diana's 50th birthday. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/2011/07/01/52613543/
The Peculiar Trip to the Hospital
- 2 hours to reach to the Pitié-Salpétrière Hospital
the ambulance reached the crash site at 12:32 A.M
left the site at 1:25 A.M.
reached the hospital at 2:06 A.M.
- many doctors agree that the long delay took away Lady Di's chance for survival
- the royal family saw Diana's body; her body was illegally embalmed without going through an autopsy
- embalming a body hides pregnancies
What "happened" ?
Jealous ex: Prince Charles
- Diana Frances Spencer, former Princess of Wales, and her boyfriend, Dodi al-Fayed, boarded a car, leaving the Ritz hotel
- the driver, Henri Paul (apparently drunk) chased by paparazzi
- crashed into a pillar in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel - everyone died except for the body guard
Prince Charles: clearly crazy
- ex husband and father of her two kids
- married from 1981-1996
- had multiple affairs with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (in his younger years & during his marriage with Diana)
- before they were married, had an affair with Diana's older sister, Sarah
- Diana even attempted suicide because of Charles' affairs
Blame it on the Driver!
- married to Camilla now that Diana is dead
- Princess Diana mentioned in a interview, "There were three of us in the marriage. It was a bit crowded."
- Camillagate Scandal - an intimate phone conversation between Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
Camilla and Charles together at a young age
Got remarried in 2005
- Diana said his name in the wrong order
- "Philip Charles Arthur George"
- could be sending a sign that she did not want to marry him
- Diana omitted a traditional royal vow
Camilla's first marriage to Andrew Parker Bowles
the couple on the wedding day!
What Happens in the Tunnel, Stays in the Tunnel...
- Black Mercedes crashed into the 13th pillar
- the CCTV cameras inside the tunnels were mysteriously "not working"
- The car had many white marks on it
- this suggests that there was a car already present in the tunnel that probably was associated with the crash (several say it was a White Fiat Uno)
- The Ritz Hotel released CCTV footage
to show that he is sober
- François Tendil, the night security manager, stated that he had seen no sign that Paul had been drinking that night
- 1st time blood tests were
taken: BAC three times over the French drink-drive limit;
- When the blood tests were conducted a second time, there was a higher level of carbon monoxide, indicating alterations to the blood samples
Queen Elizabeth II
it should've taken at most 30 minutes to reach the hospital
Prince William and Harry
- The Royal Family disapproved
-one key difference: Religion
-raising William and Henry (more on this later)
- Diana may have been pregnant
- Before their death Dodi invited
Diana to a romantic trip
- at the second trip Diana told
reporters she had exciting news
- not clear how she died
, we do know this was not an accident
- the royal family had..
- power and ability to kill Diana
- many motives to kill Diana
- Diana herself said,
How did she die?
-royal family hired MI6
- motorcycle ahead flashed a laser into the eyes of the driver
- multiple witnesses saw a bright flash from the tunnel
- the other car involved in the crash mysteriously disappeared
- less devolped theory: driver was poisoned
- different diver
- high BAC level, but not drinking
She Knows Too Much...
- Diana about to release private information that could destroy royal image
- Charles liked men
- Charles was having sex with male and female servants
- Diana had already had an interview where she opened up a little
- revealed information about Camilla
- talked about pressure of royal family
- Diana said, "
...my mother in law is going to kill me for saying all this
see me as a threat
of some kind. . . . I think every strong woman in history has had to walk down a similar path, and I think it's the
strength that causes the confusion and the fear
- known for doing charity work without knowledge of royal family
- first royalty to casually touch AIDS patients
- big supporter of banning landmines and treating landmine victims
Who is Camilla?