Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
Transcript of Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
Aims of MDG 6
¼ of the population live in remote areas without access to health services
Closest clinic is 4hr by car or 2 days by donkey
Despite increased testing, not everyone is able to receive the needed drugs
UN MDG Video
Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the spread of HIV/AIDS
Achieve, by 2010, universal access to treatment for HIV/AIDS for all those who need it
Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the incidence of malaria and other major diseases
More check ups -> new HIV infections falling by
between 2000 and 2013
By the end of 2014,
million people had received antiretroviral therapy
decline in malaria mortality rates globally since 2000
There are still new cases of HIV despite an increase in checkups and global spending
still a large percentage of people suffering from malaria
people a year
of children use a mosquito net, but the global target is
receive adequate medication
medicine is difficult to get
developing countries do not have access to
young women get of HIV/AIDS
1) "Millennium Development Goals." UNICEF. UNICEF. Web. 18 Nov. 2015. <http://www.unicef.org/mdg/index_disease.htm>.
2) Galatsidas, Achilleas, and Finbarr Sheehy. "What Have the Millennium Development Goals Achieved?" The Guardian. 6 June 2015. Web. 18 Nov. 2015. <http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/datablog/2015/jul/06/what-millennium-development-goals-achieved-mdgs>.
3) "MDG6 - HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria." Action for Global Health. Web. 18 Nov. 2015. <http://www.actionforglobalhealth.eu/our-work/health-mdgs/mdg6-hivaids-tb-and-malaria.html>.
4) "United Nations Millennium Development Goals." UN News Center. UN. Web. 17 Nov. 2015. <http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/aids.shtml>.
5) "The Wellness Times." Ohio AIDS Coalition. Web. 18 Nov. 2015. <http://ohioaidscoalition.org/medications-ready-or-not/>.