Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ASL
Deaf children learning to read and write because
ASL syntax is TOO DIFFERENT FROM ENGLISH SYNTAX! a direct sign-for-word translation with identical word order Culture set of learned behaviors of a group of people with their own language, values, behavioral rules, and tradition Advantages for the Hearing Baby Signs and IQ Down's Syndrome and autism Benefits visual learners Locally, FMHS the "deaf high school" "It encompasses communication, social protocol, art, entertainment, and recreation (e.g., sports, travel, and Deaf clubs)." - http://www.deafculture.com/definitions/ Social Protocol: Staring Stomping Touching Pointing The Recognition of American Sign Language Naming Traditions Works Cited Drolsbaugh, Mark. "What Is Deaf Culture?" Deaf Culture Online. 2012. Web. 22 Sept. 2012.
<http://www.deaf-culture-online.com/deafculture.html>. "Laurent Clerc: Apostle to the Deaf People of the New World." Laurent Clerc National Deaf
Education Center. Gallaudet University, 2011. Web. 22 Sept. 2012.
<http://www.gallaudet.edu/clerc_center/welcome/laurent_clerc_the_man.html>. 60% to OFSL