Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The process of competency development
Transcript of The process of competency development
Discuss on next career steps. The Process of competency development Project Management Practice
People Capabilities Defining the relevant competencies for a job Use the job profiles, explaining the KARs, the Role , the position in the organization and aspects with regard to knowhow, problem Solving and Accountability
Translation for leadership competencies, functional competencies and sector specific competencies Assessing people on Project Management Competencies Defining the relevant competencies for each job Assessing people on Project Management competencies Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and next career step Job Profiles 3 grades of Project Leaders (CG 50-60-70)
3 grades of Project Managers (CG 70-80-90)
Updated (and where relevant differentiated) Job Profiles Translate JP into Competencies Translation for leadership competencies, functional competencies and sector specific competencies We defined the functional competencies, based on the PMI methodology and the PMBOK knowledge areas PMBOK v5 Knowledge Areas and PM Levels (I-II-III-IV) Philips Leadership Competencies •A Project Manager makes a self assessment
•Managers and project principals/sponsors asses project managers in the same way
•Discuss the outcome
•Competency assessment tool is available on the website The Philips Leadership competencies are relevant for project managers and we indicated the required levels for the different PM jobs As each sector within Philips has its specific characteristics, the sectors made an overview of sector specific competences for project managers. Learning Journeys Career Paths • Project Integration Management
• Project Scope Management
• Project Time Management
• Project Cost Management
• Project Quality Management
• Project Human Resource Management
• Project Communications Management
• Project Risk Management
• Project Procurement Management
• Project Stakeholder Management 10 knowledge areas Sector specific competencies Philips Leadership competencies Functional competencies, PMI Based Sector Specific Competencies Competencies and Assessment tools on the website Four levels of experience
(Foundation-Practitioner-Expert-Shaper) The Accelerate Behaviors Actually the behaviors reflect a mindset, instead of competencies