Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Popocatépetl
Popocatepetl is located in Central Mexico near the city of Puebla.The volcano effected the Aztecs and was dormant for fifty years before "awakening" in 1994.
19.02°N / -98.62°W
Popocatepetl is one of Mexico's most active stratovolcanoes.
It is named for an Aztec word that means "smoking mountain".
Impacts on Local Environment
The volcano was notorious for producing violent lahars as a result of its eruptions.
Currently, Popocatepetl erupts quite frequently and ejects a variety of projectiles.
The last time it erupted was in mid-August.
Impacts on Local Human Communities
As a result of lahars, many Aztec settlements were flooded and buried.
Today, because it erupts so frequently, locals are aware of the danger.There are even live feeds of the mountain.
Since the volcano has erupted so many times in the past, it is almost guarenteed to erupt again.