Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How Heat Is Transferred
Transcript of How Heat Is Transferred
Essential Question: How Is Heat Transferred?
Nathaniel Weeldreyer, Tayib Rose
By: Jacob Stabler, Mikayla Grieser,
The process by which heat or electricity is directly transmitted through a substance when there is a difference of temperature or of electrical potential between adjoining regions, without movement of the material.
*The movement caused within a fluid of the tendency of hotter
* less dense material to colder and denser material under the infulence under the gravity
* Which consequently results in transfer of heat
Warming your hands on a heating vent for example.
The emission of energy as electromagnetic waves or as moving subatomic particles, especially high-energy particles that cause ionization.
How is heat transferred?
Heat is transferred by conduction, convection, and radiation.
Heat Transfer Song
Real world examples:
Conduction: using a heated blanket to get warm.
Convection: Putting wet shoes on a heating vent to dry them faster.
Radiation: Lying out in the sun to get a tan.
Convection current: In the oven air is moving around due to the difference of temperature.
Heat: The sun burning the sand or a warm
Thank You For Watching and for your time
This Slide show was made by Nathaiel Weeldreyer, Mikayla Grieser, Tayib Rose, and Jacob Stabler