Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Obesity in Adolescents
Transcript of Obesity in Adolescents
increases to the extent that it may effect the
persons health and life expectancy!
-by 2015 approximately 2.3 billion adults [over the age of 15+] will be overweight and 700 million will be obese.
-Has been a problem for decades Being obese can have many physical and physicological effects on the person;
- not being able to play sport for a long time
- potential bullying
- lower ego
- self confidence issues! OBESITY in Adolecents The Effects What are the health issues? DEATH! But before that... Are you Obese? -BMI, body mass index is used to measure obesity.
-calculated by a person's weight divided by the square of the height i.e. (kg/m2)
-a teenager who has a BMI of 28 or higher is considered obese -The cause of obesity is when a person consumes more calories then he or she burns.
-usually caused by over eating
-lack of physical activity
-Illness Simple activities like playing sports can drastically change your lifestyle and health.
-Another way to help prevent obesity is
by drinking plenty of water (cleans the body)
-8 glasses a day
-avoiding junk foods.
-do not get rid of 3 meals a day
watch what you feed your kids. tHIS IMAGE DEPICTS A HUMAN SKELETON WITH THE EXCESS FAT AROUND IT; GIVING YOU AN IDEA OF THE PROBLEMS OBESE PEOPLE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH! Being obese
can lead to
an early death -Being Obese is not only about their image
-Obesity can lead to a series of health conditions such as:
-Coronary heart disease
-Type 2 diabetes
-Liver and Gallbladder disease
-Sleep apnoea and respiratory problems Here is a website that is able
to do BMI tests for adolescents
as well as adults!
http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/dieting/bmi.html What causes obesity? Preventing Obesity Our action plan is to make a brochure to let parents be aware of their children's health issue; if they are obese.
families that have lost loved ones
advertise via brochure
The brochure will let parents know what is obesity?, the weight suitable for their children, preventing obesity, what causes obesity, facts and figures to what is happening in Australia and their children’s health issues.