Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Physics of Baseball
Transcript of The Physics of Baseball
-Two types of forces that the pitcher applies to a baseball is the
-The body produces velocity not the arm when pitching.
The Fast and the Furious
- When the ball is held with fingernails and let go of the grip on the ball which causes the seams not to move. Where it doesn't cut the wind but catches the air which then leads to those confusing hard hits.
The Physics of Baseball
-Rotational velocity is the key to
throwing a powerful baseball.
-One of the basic and cool pitches of major league baseball. An average pitch of this can be thrown around 95mph, where it rotates at about 1300-1600 rpm.
-The ball rolls off the fingers which causes a backspin to go straight where a low and high pressure on the ball whichshows an illusion of it rising.
- A pitcher flicks his wrist and creates a topspin which is where the the ball is affected by a downward force and goes forward causing a rotation. where the ball pushes the surrounding air with its spin which results in the air passing on the other side of ball faster than on the other side.
- This pitch is thrown where the ball doesn't roll off your fingers and has less torque and velocity which means the batter has a greater chance of missing the hit.
Example of Fast Ball
Ex:of a Curveball
(See how the ball pushes through the surrounding air.)
Ex: of Knuckle ball pitch
Ex: Change-up Pitch
Thanks for watching
By: Zach Soto, Sophia Morales, Ethan Pascual, Kathleen Howard, and Gabe Rodriguez.
Special thanks for videos
-Pastime Athleltics- Change-up
-Scott Warner- Curve ball
-GiantJIP - Knuckle Ball
-Hash Hound - Fast ball
- Tiger of echigo- ending credits
This concludes our analysis on baseball and we will switch to our version of the pitching.