Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Innovation
2. Not getting buy-in and ownership from business unit managers.
3. Not having a widely understood, systemwide process.
4. Not allocating resources to the process.
5. Not tying projects to company strategy.
6. Not spending enough time and energy on the fuzzy front end.
7.Not building sufficient diversity into the process.
8. Not developing criteria and metrics in advance.
9. Not training and coaching innovation teams.
10. Not having an idea management System. 10 Innovation Killers 10 Things to Help Innovation 1. Remove Fear
2. Performance Review System
4. Build Looseness in System
5. Make sure everyone Understands strategy
6.Teach people to scan environment
7. Teach people importance of diversity
8. Good criteria to focus ideation
9. Training for different teams
10. Idea management system What is Creativity? What Management styles
foster Innovation? What does Innovation look like in
small and big companies? What limits and what encourages Innovation? Large vs. Small Risk Management Definition of
Innovation Rules Resources Product Business Systems Process Large Small Bureaucracy Demands Targets and Goals FRUSTRATING Less Flexibility Less Creativity RESOURCES MOTIVATION Clearly Defined Roles CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION “The biggest difference as I see it is the balance between the defensive and offensive behavior."
Bengt Järrehult “Big companies preoccupy themselves with competitors, the market, and the rules. Small companies are more inclined to make up new rules.” Mark Palmer Spenders vs. Savers Some—perhaps most—large companies view innovation as a “super” product development team [...] In contrast, at a start-up the “innovation” is their whole business, and developed wholly independently of the products and timelines of the large company. Jackie Hutter “You need people who are on the same wavelength and who understand the messages you want to communicate." J.P. Guilford defined creativity as "divergent thinking, ... thinking in various directions in order to arrive at several alternative solutions to a problem." Before seen as "a force of destruction," now seen as "a source of flexibility, innovation and change." Google's
"20% Time" Apple's
"Blue Sky" Creative
? "Originality and individualism in business fit with a model of innovation and new product development."
-Chris Bilton Organizational Environment Safe
Collaborative Culture Leadership
Rewards Connections between seemingly unconnected things "...the solution is to empower people and create a culture of change and innovation." New product development or improvement Improved processing or manufacturing New and improved business and marketing practices "Out of the Box" Bethany Reed Nolan Stephenson Josh Lam Jacy Romero Sarah Parker Innovation