Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
School on Integrity - Words that work
Transcript of School on Integrity - Words that work
After head of unit, director and director-general approve
2. Expert re-writes press release
4. Press officer's boss approves
3. Expert's boss approves PR
5. Boss of expert's boss and PO's boss approves
9. Cabinet of Commissioner approves PR
7. PR of spokesperson of Commissioner re-writes PR
8. Spokesperson re-writes PR
6. PO makes changes and sends to spokesperson
1. Press officer writes press release
Luis Suarez dog in stable condition
1. Action first
- check your verbs
2. So what soundbite?
context & big picture
3. Simple language
- words with impact
-long sentences in the "passive" tense
-hide key message in big blocks of text
Who is to blame? What caused this?
Who pays the price?
Who needs to act?
"The Gerardi case was complex and bewildering.
[The] failure to cultivate relationships with Guatemalan journalists, to help them understand how the case had been assembled, was a costly mistake"
Francisco Goldman, the Art of Political Murder
"The cancer of corruption"
"We must stop the corrupt hiding behind secret bank accounts"
"The crisis is a wake-up call for more transparency"
"This is an example of..."
"If the government fails to...then..."
"People want to see..."
"This is not about... it is really about..."
"In the long term...."
"Those who say that ..."
Typical PR language
The big picture - appeal to shared value
Government needs to fix the rails
FIFA must start to reform
Clean up the sport of football that supporters love so much
Politicians should publish asset declarations
For democracy to work, people have a right to know where pols get their money
Make it safe for people to take a train