Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of FUTURE TENSES
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Future with "going to"
We use "going to"
1. to talk about future plans.
Future with "will"
We use "will" to talk about
1.facts about future
I will be 25 years old next year.
2. guesses and opinions about future
People will live in the space in the future.
3. decisions at the moment of speaking.
I'm hungry. I will have a snack.
4. offers, promises, warnings
I will always love you! (promise)
Run! you'll miss the train! (warning)
I'll buy the tickets for you. (offer)
How to use will?
are going to study...
The future tense tells about tomorrow.
The Future Tense
will + verb
(be) + going to+ verb
I am going to watch Tv tonight.
She is going to join Survivor.
The person has got
. It is
to tell her plan.
"I'm excited! I am going to go to concert this week."
Put the sentences into correct order.
1. Sabancı Museum / bring / (be) / Salvador Dali's paintings / to / going /. /
2. I / football / at the weekend / going / play / to / (be) /. /
3. sell / their / going / they / to / house / (be) /. /
4. She / study / going / for / to / (be) / her exam /. /
is going to play
basketball at the weekend.
are going to join
a gym center.
re going to be
'm going to visi
t my grandmother.
+ going to + (verb)
going to play basketball at the weekend.
going to join a gym center.
going to be a doctor.
going to visit my grandmother.
1. Audrey / going / come/ to/ the party / (be) / not/ ./
2. We / meet / going/ not / at Taksim Square / to / be/ ./
3. not / going / sleep / in this room / You / (be) /to /. /
Question & Short Answer
+ going to + (verb)
going to play basketball at the weekend?
going to join a gym center?
going to be a doctor?
going to visit my grandmother?
2. to talk about things we expect, because we can see or know.
Look at the clouds! It is going to rain!
She eats a lot! She is going to get fat.
She sees her uniform.
The woman is a ticket officer.
to tell her prediction.
1. Q: George / (be) / finish / to /going / his work / today / ? /
2. Q: you / going / marry / to / this summer / (be) / ? /
3. Q: show / they / going / the photos / to / (be) / ? /
+ verb + ?
Yes, subject+will. / No, subject + won't
1. he / call / me
2. they / love / you
3. you / be/ in Australia
4. we /game/ lose
will or going to?
1. I have everything. I ________________ (make) a cake for my boyfriend.
2. I believe, she _________________ (be) a great star one day.
3. __________________ (have) an exam tomorrow?
4. I didn't know today is her birthday! I ____________________ (buy) a gift.
5. _________________ (you/ join) us? We are leaving in 5 minutes.
6. I think Jennifer Lawrence _________________ (win) the Oscars.
7. My project ________________________ (be) finished
8. We don't have any eggs, so I _____________ (not /make) cake.
9. He _______________ (not/ pass) the exam. He didn't study the whole year.
10. Look at the clouds! It _________________ (rain).
11. __________________ (we/eat) dinner out this weekend?
12. Hurry up! The movie __________________ (start) in 15 minutes.
13. Sssshhh!! Be quiet! You ____________ (wake) the baby.