Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Customer Service
The Path to Excellent Customer Service
Help me get to know you.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your position in the library?
3. What is your favorite book and why?
Good Customer Service Stories
Share stories of Customer Service
Maps of the library
Tools you can use
1. The opening
Sandwich of Customer Service
Bad Customer Service Stories
Verbal or visual directions
Other staff members
Other tools that you use in your library?
2. The Meat of the sandwich
3. The closing
The top piece of the roll
The main part of the meat of the sandwich
-There can also be other toppings, vegetables etc.
The bottom of the roll
1. Greet the customer
2. Ask the customer how you can meet their needs
3. Listen to the customer
4. Let the customer dictate the direction of the conversation
The meat of the sandwich
1. This is where you provide the actual service for the customer
2. Meet and exceed the customers expectations
3. "Act as if. ..."
1. Thank the customer
2. Ask if there is anything else you can do for the customer
How can I easily provide great customer service?
What happens if I get angry customer?
A few helpful guidelines for successfully navigating an angry customer interaction
Remain calm. Do not escalate the situation by raising your voice
Repeat conversation points to convey understanding of the situation to the customer
Identify what problems you can fix
Explain what steps you will take to resolve the situation
Kill them with kindness
Don't be afraid to get a supervisor to help you
The basics of Customer Service
2. Be Friendly
3. Solve a problem
4. Say thank you
Thank You for listening
Arrive at work on time and ready to start
Communicate with your coworkers
Communicate with your supervisor
2 types of customer service
One or more people
Conversation or services you provide on demand
Barriers to customer service
Outdated or unneeded forms
Policies to prevent that one thing
Lack of cultural flexibility
Key Ring library cards
One act of customer service you are proud of in your library
One thing you would like to change to improve customer service in your library
Explain how you would change it and why it is important to the library