Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Mathematical Tasks: High Cognitive Demand and Low Cognitive
Transcript of Copy of Mathematical Tasks: High Cognitive Demand and Low Cognitive
This task requires non-algorithmic thinking because it requires the student to put the equation into a real-world context. It also does not provide a direct instructions nor does it suggest following a specific procedure. This task also requires students to explore and understand relationships by being able to relate this task with a real-life situations. Most importantly, this task requires a great deal of cognitive effort in which the student will have to access their own relevant knowledge and experiences.
Procedures Without Connections
Low Cognitive Demand Tasks
2) Procedures without connections
High Cognitive Demand Tasks
3) Procedures with connections
4) Doing Mathematics
4 Levels of Cognitive Demand
Using the Framework to Classify Subtraction Tasks
The Mathematical Tasks Framework
Low Cognitive Demand
High Cognitive Demand
Examples of Each Type of Task