Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
ShareExchange Kiosk Open House
Transcript of ShareExchange Kiosk Open House
Improved social interaction
Increased cultural exchange & understanding
Environmental sustainability Benefits of Placemaking Where people come together to:
Enjoy each other's company
For fun and entertainment
Take classes & learn new skills
To engage in their community
Collaborate & innovate Gathering Place Elements Share: tools, toys, sporting goods, electronics
Fabrication/Repair: fix it, build it, DIY projects
Learn: classes, workshops, talks
Enjoy: arts, music, culture, socials
Market: locally-made, fresh food, used bikes & hardware
Design: green, permaculture
Incubate: neighborhood-scale micro enterprises
Economy: time bank, golocal rewards events classes sales membership sponsors rent Share center
DIY & repair focus
Local economy tools Communities across the country are in need of a new type of economic
revitalization -- a type that is based on relocalization of basic needs and
essential goods. Localizing food production, bringing back local manufacturing and reintroducing cooperatives are all pieces of this puzzle. The ShareExchange is a central location where these things happen under one roof. It is a hub for sustainable living and incubating a vibrant local economy. New Local Economy ReLocalization Benefits of the ShareExchange Community-scale
Walkable & bikable
New economy tools The ShareExchange
will be a vibrant community place! What's
Next? GET INVOLVED! Develop Multiple Revenue Streams Secure the lease Location, location, location!
Downtown Santa Rosa in proximity to six neighborhoods ...on the bike path next to beautiful Santa Rosa creek #1 Sonoma County, CA Projected open date: October 2010 Preliminary Floor Plan Stay Tuned...
www.golocal.coop/share sharing, time bank, local credit Introducing the ShareExchange... Background Why do we need the ShareExchange? How will it work? 1. A central location to find local resources for sustainable living.
2. People save money by sharing, repairing and reusing.
3. Uses art, sustainability and localization as the drivers for economic development.
4. Is a source of green job experience and education.
5. Promotes and markets micro-enterprise incubation.
6. Offers expansion opportunities for existing local businesses.
7. It is a vibrant gathering place in the urban core for residents and visitors.
8. Enhances and highlights our unique Sonoma County culture. Benefits to your Business or Organization:
1. Increased access to your target market
2. Co-located in a bustling “marketplace” setting
3. Association with other like-minded enterprises
4. Recognition in the press and media as part of a model project Rentable Display Kiosks
* Flexible Design
* Video information
* Brochure holders
* Educational displays
* Product holders Who is the ShareExchange For? Sign up for kiosk space Why Here? TRENDS...
Local Movement - food, energy, water
Services for the Commons
Un or Under-employed Talent
Collaboration & Partnerships
Sustainable Business & Non-profits * Reclaim our local power
* Increase the quality of our lives
* Take responsibility for our future what's missing? Anchoring
in "Place" Makers Sharers Givers and people in need With help from our friends at
the design lab may look something like this... featuring products made
in Sonoma County The "Share Area" will feature things people can check out on loan following the model of the successful Santa Rosa Tool Library. The outside walls of the Made Local Marketplace and Share Area are designed as rentable display kiosks for businesses and non-profits to display products, marketing materials and public education communications. We have an opportunity to ... Repairers Creative Re-users Establish as a community-owned enterprise Community
Gardeners Solidify Partnerships Get to Work!