Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Oprah Winfrey
By Kevin Rios
Who is Oprah Winfrey?
Oprah Winfrey is an American actress, a publisher, and producer, but most importantly, a talk show host. She is widely known for hosting her own show,
The Oprah Winfrey Show
, which lasted from 1986 to 2011.
List of Oprah's Accomplishments
- Produced and hosted her own show and network.
- Won Miss Black Tennessee beauty pageant in 1972.
- Testified before the US Congress and initiated the National Child Protection Act in 1991.
- Received a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1998.
- Ranked 9th in the Times Magazine as the top 100 most influential people in the world.
- Campaigned for and joined Obama for a series of rallies.
- Was titled the most influential woman in the country.
- Came through from an extremely difficult past.
List of Strategies and Skills used
- Open, warm-hearted personal style
- Emotionally intelligent
- Good communication skills
- Boosted self awareness.
- For general categories of thoughts.
What have I Learned about this Leader?
I have learned from Oprah that no matter how many or how big the obstacles come in your life, you just have to gear up and climb over the mountains. Mistakes should be taken in as life lessons to be learned and that nobody is ever perfect and nobody lives in a perfect world. Passion is energy, and you should feel the power that comes from focusing on what you do.
Oprah was born on January 29, 1954, in the rural town of Kosciusko, Mississippi. She experienced many difficulties during her childhood, such as being raped at age 9 by various men and friends of her mom, living in poverty and having to wear potato sacks as clothes and being made fun of, and getting pregnant at age 14, but her premature son dies during infancy. She was then sent to live with her so-called father in Nashville, where her frustrated mother did not want her back. Oprah landed a job co-anchoring the local evening news while in high school. She eventually moved to Baltimore, where she was recruited to join the local talk show
People Are Talking
in 1976. Winfrey eventually launched her own show,
The Oprah Winfrey Show,
in 1986 and her new Harpo Production company. She immediately received hundreds of thousands of views. After 25 seasons of running her show, Oprah ended it in 2011 and began her own network called OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)