Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
KTR, Chapter 10
Transcript of KTR, Chapter 10
Distribute benefits and
allocate the costs of society
Judge is an impartial referee
Decisions applied uniformly across the country
Prosecution proves defendant guilty
Judge can ask clarifying questions only
Focus is on "who did it"
Jury decides "did defendant do it"
Judge controls the inquiry, police investigation
Different judge decides outcome of the case
Innocent until proven guilty
Assumption is the defendant is guilty
Why do American sue so much?
The courts will have..."no influence over either the sword or the purse, ...It may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment."
Rule of Four