Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Whole Foods Market (Golden Circle)
Transcript of Whole Foods Market (Golden Circle)
Mission-Low-interest loans to help local producers flouish
Goal-Providing $10 millionin loans to independant farmers and food artisans
Now-Has made over $8 million in loans so far
Co-Founder & C.E.O of Whole Foods
Where? Austin, Texas (1980)
First nationally certified organic grocer in the U.S.
Provides the highest quality foods
Agriculture-no use of genetically engineered seeds, sewage sludge, pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides
Livestock-treated well, fed with organically grown feed, no antibiotics or added growth hormones
NO GMO's (genetically modified ingredients) or synthetic preservatives
80 banned ingredients listed on website (Manning, 2013)
Everything is clearly labeled whether its locally grown to gluten-free (Manning, 2013)
18-40 year olds
Men and Women
Middle to Upper Class
People with Kids
Anyone who cares about their health and the environment
People with special diets such as vegan or vegetarian
Can't be first
Going organic is a growing trend
People are willing to pay higher prices to support local farmers and eat better quality foods
Whole Foods in Detroit
Supporting Local Businesses
Whole Kids Foundation
Mission-To support schools & inspire families to improve children's nutrition and wellness.
In 2010, raised $1.4 million to award 564 salad bar grants for schools
Whole Foods gave an additional $ 1 million to support
Youtube channel "Tiny Victories"
Growth of Whole Foods Market
Motto: Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet
Caring About Our Communities & Our Environment
Creating Wealth Through Profits & Growth
Creating ongoing win-win partnerships with our suppliers
Declaration of Interdependence
Promoting the health of our stakeholders through healthy eating education
How successful? Very.
Whole Foods in Detroit
Co-CEO, Walter Robb told Bloomber that "the store is exceeding our wildest expectations"
70% of hires are Detroiters
Whole Foods had $11.7 billion in sales last year.
It has 340 stores throughout the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom.
2) Manning, R. (2013, August). 7 Things you might not know about whole foods. Charleston Patch. Retrived August 6, 2013.
3) Muller, D. (2013, August). Whole Foods CEO tells Bloomberg new Detroit store 'exceeding our wildest expectations'. MLIVE News. Retrieved August 6, 2013.