Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Orientation to EDU 318
Transcript of Orientation to EDU 318
A little over 10 years ago, I decided I was going back to school. I was still teaching and could not afford to quit my job and become a full time student. But I was determined to advance myself professionally and going back to school was the only way.
So before I knew it, I found myself enrolling in a 2 year online program. I figured, hey, it can't be that bad, many people are doing it. Then it reality hit me,
"Girl. are you nuts? Do you remember how you were the first time as a college student? And then you had more free time."
I was not the most disciplined person at that time and I knew I had poor time management skills. I also did not like using computers, yep I said it. I had technology-phobia. If my undergraduate days were any indication of how I would perform, I knew I was in for a rough time.
That first semester was an eye opener. My anticipation was worse than the reality. I did face a few bumps but received a lot more rewards. Here's what I learned:
1) I'm a way better online student, in the traditional classroom I was petrified most of the time to dare say anything, even less to argue a point.
2) I loved instructors that made themselves available by a variety of means, phone, email, telephone conferences, etc. They also seemed more creative, which made classes interesting.
3) Time management is crucial. I had to set a specific time and place during the week to dedicate to my classes. I created a schedule that was comfortable and doable and stuck with it.
4) I love technology for teaching and learning! I loved it so much, that I went back to school, online, for my Masters. so that I can help others see the benefits of technology and in education.
So about the course..
EDU 318 has been gamified! So this makes it unique and unlike any other course that you have taken before. This will be a new and exciting experience for all of us.
Orientation to EDU 318
All of our discussions and sharing will take place here at https://edmo.do/j/adyktn
Our code is ipupm3
Joining Our Group
Some of you may already have an Edmodo account, if you do view the video to the right, if you don't view the video to your left.
Don't foget the code is:
I don't have an
I have an Edmodo account.
Please view all the videos found here:
under Edmodo Student Manual to learn about all the features you will be using this semester in this course.
In this course we will be using a variety of social media platforms to engage, learn and explore the world of technology in education. You are required to sign up and follow me on the following:
Follow my Ed Tech Innovation board: http://www.pinterest.com/universalqueen/
Follow me: @tamarahughes
Whatsapp: 1 264 729 4429
Just one more...
Sign up for a Google account, if you don't already have one. at www.gmail.com and send your instructor an email using your Google account at
saying "I'm all signed up and ready to go!"
We will meet online in Edmodo, on Twitter, on Pinterest, on Google Hangouts and at the USM, midway to share our videos and visual aids and at the end to present group projects.
During the times we meet. it is imperative that you come prepared to present findings, share ideas, and ask questions.
Course material is presented in a variety of ways, the dominate method being videos.
It is your responsibility to cover all course materials, including readings in which you will be quizzed.
You;re Almost There
Did you sign up to Edmodo and joined our group?
Did you view all the videos to get to know how Edmodo works?
Did you join Twitter?
Are you following your instructor on Twitter?
Did you join Pinterest?
Are you following your instructor on Pinterest?
Did you connect with the instructor on Skype?
Did you get your Google account?
Did you email your instructor "I'm all signed up and ready to go!"?
If you said yes to all the questions, continue on in this presentation, but if not, go back and get it done.
Once you have completed everything then you can complete this presentation.
If you have any problems at this point, please contact your instructor immediately at email@example.com, or call at 1-264-729-4429 or 1-772-621-6249.
If you have made it this far, means that you are ready to begin! That is great news! Once you receive confirmation from you instructor, with your Google account information handy, enter the course site below: https://sites.google.com/site/edu318instructionaltechnology/home