Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MLST Database S.aureus
Transcript of MLST Database S.aureus
MLST Home page
- MLST is a nucleotide sequence based approach for the unambiguous characterization of isolates of bacteria and other organisms via the internet.
-The aim of MLST is to provide a portable, accurate, and highly discriminating typing system that can be used for most bacteria and some other organisms. It is envisaged that this approach will be particularly helpful for the typing of bacterial pathogens.
-To achieve this aim we have taken the proven concepts of multilocus enzyme electrophoresis (MLEE) and have adapted them so that alleles at each locus are defined directly, by nucleotide sequencing, rather than indirectly from the electrophoretic moblity of their gene products.
when you click on any country you know the number of isolation in it.
give you the allel number
to make research more specific.
Staphylococcus aureus database
Multi Locus Sequence Typing
- MLST was developed in the laboratories of
Martin Maiden, Dominique Caugant, Ian Feavers, Mark Achtman and Brian Spratt.
- the site is hosted at
with funding from the
Staphylococcus aureus DNA extraction protocol.
Acknowledging use of the MLST database in your publications.
Obtaining an allelic profile and comparing your strains with those in the database
The seven loci and the primers and conditions used for PCR
ST & Profile Query
Done by : Ruqaya M.Salhab
Palestine Polytechnic University
College of Applied Sciences
supervisor : Miss. Abla G.Jaber
Staphylococcus aureus shape
is group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases.
for example :
skin infections :
such as pimples, impetigo, boils, cellulitis, folliculitis, carbuncles, scalded skin syndrome, and abscesses.
life-threatening diseases :
such as pneumonia, meningitis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, toxic shock syndrome, bacteremia, and sepsis.
used to simplifies the problem of depicting the evolutionary relationships among closely related genotypes.