Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Graphene Lab Tour
Transcript of Graphene Lab Tour
(absorbs only 2.3% of the light intensity)
material ‘ever measured’ (more than 100 times
stronger than the strongest steel)
known material (stiffer than diamond)
crystal (up to 20% elastically)
VI. Record thermal conductivity (outperforming diamond)
VII.Highest current density at room T (106 times of copper)
VIII. Completely impermeable (even He cannot squeeze through)
IX. Highest intrinsic mobility (100 times more than in Si)
[A.K. Geim et al., Nature Mater. 6 (2007)]
- No bandgap
- Linear dispersion relation
-->Electrons behave like massless particle (~photons)
We can tune the # of electrons in graphene by applying an external voltage!
[R. Nair et al., Science 320 (2008)]
[J-H Ahn et al, Nature Nanotechnology, 2010]
How can we "get"
[F. Bonaccorso et al. Nature Photonics 4, 611 - 622 (2010)]
Why is it special?
Konstantatos et al., Nature Nanotech. 2012
Hybrid graphene quantum dot
and carrier dynamics